Wednesday, November 3, 2010

my brother gets married

For Cory and Jessica, in honor of their marriage

“On Love”

I wanted to give a toast to the two of you. I thought about what I could say about love. I started looking into what Rumi said, Jesus Christ, Buddha, Kahill Gibran, the poets, the mystics, the lovers of the past, the visionaries, the prophets and the pilgrims.

I thought about it, and I came to the understanding, that what is most important is not what they have said about love, but what I have to say about love, from my heart, to the two of you now.

And this is it:

Love completely, and everything will be included in this. This is an angel of a thought that was passed onto me. I was lucky to find this idea, very blessed and fortunate. This is what I have to share with you. You can search the world for meaning, you can labor for security, you can reach out for advice, you can act in all the ways that are noble and true. This is respectable and worth every minute.

Do these things, and mean them. Speak your truth and clearly. Know yourself and be strong. Live this reality and walk you own path.

Most importantly, what will set you free and provide you with all the things you have ever desired, is this one idea. “Love completely and everything is included in this.”

Everyone’s path is different. Everyone comes to the knowledge and awareness of how to do this on their own, through their own thoughts, actions and feelings. And that is what makes this life so brilliant. All these people stumbling and falling to find truth they’ve known all along, to find answers to their prayers right there in front of them.

I don’t think the laughter would be as true, if we didn’t fall and stumble. We would not seek to love more deeply. I don’t think we’d appreciate the smiles as much as we do. I don’t think we’d notice the light as intuitively and allow it to breath and expand and rejoice.

So love, whatever that means to you. Keep going back to that. Keep coming home to the heart where you always were, are and will be. Seek this understanding, as simple as it is. And know that you always have a place in the light. It’s always there to make you feel as perfect as you should, as you were meant to.

Find love for yourself. Find out what it means to you. It’s nice to know what Rumi said, he was illustrious and bright. It’s nice to know what Jesus Christ said, his light was powerful and true, of the most valiant angels.

Know what Buddha said, for he taught humans how to relax. Know what Kahill Gibran said, he was poetic and prophetic beyond his time.

Know what I have to say. I’m your sister, and I love you.

Know what your wife has to say. She is your companion and your twin flame.

But most importantly, the truth that you have come here to know is your own. It’s that simple. What do you have to say? What are your thoughts on love?

I’d be interested to hear them.

Love completely and everything will be included in that. Love yourself. Love your partner, love your family, love your work, love this life, keep coming back to that, keep coming back to the heart, and everything will work out perfectly.

Love completely and everything will be included in that. I will do my best to live this reality, to practice this idea. I will be brave enough. And I will look forward to seeing you give this idea a shot as well, and in sharing precious moments in this life.

Good luck. Pray for abundance and an open heart. Work for truth and understanding. Live for love and compassion.

Spread your wings and fly.

1 comment:

  1. I said..."Most importantly, what will set you free and provide you with all the things you have ever desired, is this one idea. “Love completely and everything is included in this.”"

    I have to correct myself here. The opposite of love is desire. Loving will not bring you what you desire. Just the opposite. If you let go of the aspect of desire and sink into what is, you will be free. So I correct myself. Be what you are, and you are everything. This takes a willingness to sit with the questions and often the questions can be quite painful. In them lie your fears and the things that you want to run from. Face them, feel them and release them, and you will have the capacity to love completely. This is the best we can hope for, or more so, work for. And stand on a solid rock, on solid ground, and nothing can sway you from this truth.

    And so it is.

    ReplyDelete