Sunday, November 6, 2011

What are you here to do?

So often we’ve been taught to settle, to relinquish our power and fit into a mold. So often we’ve been taught to pursue our goals as creative artists when we have the luxury of time later in life, when we’ve done the “important” work we’re “supposed” to do.


I question that model. I am not afraid to step out into the unknown and speak from my core, create from my gut, and follow my heart.


My work explores this intent. It explores the inner workings of my own soul, my own ideas and my own dreams. It explores who I really am, what I really want, and what my ideas of happiness are.


In my doing so, I hope to encourage others to do the same. I can’t tell you it’s easy, safe or clear. That’s not what I’m here to do. I am here to rise, manifest and shape something unique to my vision. I accept the challenge, the struggle and the pain, for I have faith in my calling.


I would rather live a life of honesty and vulnerability than settle for anything less.

No comments:

Post a Comment